You never know where an aged care career will take you!
Why work for Southern Cross Care (Vic)?
- Part-time, full-time and casual opportunities
- Opportunity to transfer to different locations
- Opportunity to supplement your hours by working across different homes
- Opportunity to transfer between residential and community care
- Regular training programs and traineeship opportunities
- Flexible rosters and salary packaging
- Penalty rates, uniform allowance, annual pay increments
Aged care is more than a job
It is a diverse career that offers exciting opportunities across many areas including:
- Personal Care
- Community Care
- Care Management
- Hospitality (food, cleaning and laundry)
Opportunity to make a difference in someone's life
We take a holistic approach to care, where an older person's spiritual and emotional needs are equally considered and supported. Through Southern Cross Care (Vic), you have the opportunity to make a difference to someone's life every day. We are supported by our award-winning Imagine Fund, which was established to provide our residents and clients, particularly those who are financially disadvantaged or socially isolated, with items and experiences that they never imagined might be possible for them.
White Ribbon Workplace
We believe that every individual has the right to live safely and be free from all levels of abuse. At Southern Cross Care (Vic), we do not condone any forms of violence – be it at work or at home.
Female employees account for over 88 per cent of our total workforce of 1300 employees and 350 volunteers. As an accredited 'White Ribbon Workplace', we are committed to eliminating violence and abuse in the workplace and in the community.