SCCV Privacy Statement
Southern Cross Care (Vic) is committed to protecting the personal and health information of its clients, residents, staff and others that it collects, holds and uses in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (and the Australian Privacy Principles made under that Act) and the Victorian Health Records Act 2001 (and the Health Privacy Principles made under that Act).
The SCCV Privacy and Confidentiality Policy explains:
- the kinds of information SCCV collects
- how personal information and health information is collected and held by SCCV
- the purposes for which SCCV uses and discloses your information
- how you may seek access to your personal information and health information held by SCCV and/or seek correction of such information
- how you may make a complaint if you are concerned that SCCV may have breached any of the Australian Privacy Principles and how SCCV will deal with any such complaint
The SCCV Privacy and Confidentiality Policy is publicly available in full by accessing the SCCV web site or you may request a printed copy.
When you visit the Southern Cross Care (Vic) website the web server will automatically collect limited information essential for the operation and security of this website. Depending on the standards followed by your internet provider some information, such as your IP address, may be identified. Southern Cross Care (Vic) will not use this information for purposes other than as identified in this policy. If you are concerned about the potential of this information being revealed to this Organisation we recommend that you discuss with your internet provider.
Links to other websites
Southern Cross Care (Vic) is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites that we provide a link to. We recommend that you research their policy in regard to the protection you will be provided.